PLEASE NOTE: This document applies to v0.8 version and not to the latest release v1.0Documentation for other releases can be found by using the version selector in the left bottom of any doc page.
Custom Resources (CRDs)
Rook allows you to create and manage your storage cluster through custom resource definitions (CRDs). Each type of resource has its own CRD defined.
- Cluster: A Rook cluster provides the basis of the storage platform to serve block, object stores, and shared file systems.
- Pool: A pool manages the backing store for a block store. Pools are also used internally by object and file stores.
- Object Store: An object store exposes storage with an S3-compatible interface.
- File System: A file system provides shared storage for multiple Kubernetes pods.
- Cluster: CockroachDB is an open-source distributed SQL database that is highly scalable across multiple global regions and also highly durable.
- Object Store: Minio is a high performance distributed object storage server, designed for large-scale private cloud infrastructure.