Custom Resources (CRDs)
Rook allows you to create and manage your storage cluster through custom resource definitions (CRDs). Each type of resource has its own CRD defined.
- Cluster: A Rook cluster provides the basis of the storage platform to serve block, object stores, and shared file systems.
- Block Pool: A pool manages the backing store for a block store.
- Object Store: An object store exposes storage with an S3-compatible interface.
- Object Store User: An object store user manages creation of S3 user credentials to access an object store.
- File System: A file system provides shared storage for multiple Kubernetes pods.
- Cluster: CockroachDB is an open-source distributed SQL database that is highly scalable across multiple global regions and also highly durable.
- Object Store: Minio is a high performance distributed object storage server, designed for large-scale private cloud infrastructure.
Cassandra / Scylla
- Cluster: Cassandra is highly available, fault tolerant, peer-to-peer database featuring lightning fast performance and tunable consistency. It provides massive scalability with no single point of failure. Scylla is a close-to-the-hardware rewrite of Cassandra in C++. The rook operator supports both.